My Profile

My photo
I am on a journey, as are most people. My path splits: becoming who I am destined to be, and also sharing the truth of where I have been. I AM TRAVELING TO ME.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Don't Let Me Be Alone

Don't Let Me Be Alone - Title track that inspired me to record my thoughts.

These past few weeks have been some of the most bizarre times I have had. I guess it started with my third semester residency as an MFA student. Possibly it was because I had to take that trek, the one that I embarked on over a year prior. And after that residency ended, I was back on the move. This time I didn't get to stay put where my heart wanted me to be. This time I was torn. 

As I rode that Amtrack state-to-state, I remembered the adventures I passed up, just by going in that direction.  With only a few days to let loose, I decided to go back.  Visit.  Be around the familiar.  But what to me began as a frightful beginning; my new home away from 'home;' my familiar, had turned into a farewell. I was leaving, again, and this time I didn't really want to. I felt home -- although it wasn't my original place of destination -- it was still safe. It was what I grew to know. And ultimately love. I was taking an oh, so repetitive trip back.

Funny how I wanted nothing but to get away from the same, that I was managing to forget the way out.  I had worked so hard to leave this place, and it took strange circumstances (I'll get into later) to bring me back.  But for how long?  Where was my heart?  Was I to become stagnant?  Could I make a change -- knowing I had, but nobody else did?  More importantly, how was I going to grow, artistically, being back where it started? 

Trust me, these were questions I asked myself as I packed, boarded the train, sat for those 18+ hours and then departed. And I'm still asking them now. Did I get so use to the awesomeness around me after I left, that I couldn't realize the gem that was once there? I don't know. And maybe that's something I need to investigate. I take that back -- that's something I'll totally look into. Because I'm here now, and I have to make it work. I can't afford any more insanity trips (another story I'll get to later), especially with this being the semester before my thesis. So, I have to get to work. Whatever way possible -- I have to make it work. And I have to stop those pestering thoughts that want to deprive me of my next adventure. 

I HAVE TO STAY FOCUSED.
AND CONTINUE LOOKING AHEAD -- DREAMING

No comments:

Post a Comment