My Profile

My photo
I am on a journey, as are most people. My path splits: becoming who I am destined to be, and also sharing the truth of where I have been. I AM TRAVELING TO ME.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Landslide

Sitting at the desk of heat and doom. :-p Well, not really, but it sure does feel that way, come 4am . . . Well, if you were one of "us", you'd know why. Just sitting at this desk, listening to some Dixie Chicks. Yes, I said, Dixie Chicks. So, what's new - I love country music, but what's new? :-p Forming a super authentic opinion of those amazing lyrics that Fleetwood Mac wrote and Martie, Emily and Natalie successfully belted out, time and again. It just feels so timeless when you really think about it . . .

"Can the child within my heart rise above?  Can I sail through the changing ocean tides? Can I handle the seasons of my life?" If that doesn't make you think, maybe "Well, I've been afraid of changin' 'Cause I've built my life around you . . ."

Will totally put living in place for you. Can you imagine so many people that depend on someone else to make them happy or that special person that they "cannot live without"? Yeah, think about it. I'm not saying that you should never depend on someone - Maybe your family or a totally close and reliable friend, but in actuality, the one person that you should be able to rely on the most, is your self (don't be upset, my Christian friends - I know God comes first . . . I'm just focusing on the external realm and not the spiritual being).

When I think of the lyrics above and the fact that, yes, maybe out of context, they are not what is really occurring in the writers minds, but what I have in fact, decided the song means (to me) - I feel as if the singer is basically stating why they feel the need to revolt from society's mindset of reliance or maybe just become their own person and regard their own feelings as important and trying to find acceptance within themselves . . . Maybe that's a stretch or a far cry from the real definitive purpose for those said lyrics, but hey, it's up for interpretation.

What do you think the song means . . . What would you incorporate those lyrics to being about?


~Kyra C.

No comments:

Post a Comment