My Profile

My photo
I am on a journey, as are most people. My path splits: becoming who I am destined to be, and also sharing the truth of where I have been. I AM TRAVELING TO ME.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"The Mind of an Adagio"

So, I am sitting in this room and getting super nervous, because in a few minutes the host of this event will be Mariska Hargitay and I am beyond stoked.  The event is hosted by the "MSU Safe Place" and "MSU Counseling Center", and it is entitled, "Telling Amy's Story."  It's about domestic abuse.  This should be a great and informative event, that should shed some light to what is happening in relationships across the world.

Well,.back to my complete and utter nervousness . . . I am sitting in the front row, waiting to catch sight of my favorite SVU detective and get a picture, hand her the note that I wrote her and hear the discussion for this event.

I tend to go "insane" when there is something that I am looking forward to seeing or doing and this is definitely on my top list of things to do!! :-p

                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fast forward to the actual event and the ending . . . So, she was NOT there and at first I was a little disappointed, but after viewing the screening of the story, I was put at ease, because this story is not about fame but notoriety - in a sense, it's about showing people why this is important, instead of desensitizing the matter by adding someone that can distract the audience from the initial story.

And although I did not get the chance to meet Mariska, I am sure that one day I will get that chance or to send her my letter and feel relieved that it was under better terms . . . :-p

Well, it's off to work now - there's so much to get done, before next week.

Streisand's playing in the background, playing "People" and come on, how awesome is that . . .

Gotta Go, Talk Later.

Much Love,

~Kyra C.

No comments:

Post a Comment