My Profile

My photo
I am on a journey, as are most people. My path splits: becoming who I am destined to be, and also sharing the truth of where I have been. I AM TRAVELING TO ME.

Monday, February 25, 2013

My fantastic week has already begun . . .

Well, if watching an amazing Oscars 2013, wasn't great enough -- I recently received an e-mail about being part of something that has already changed my life, and it doesn't even take place until tomorrow evening. Growing up there were only a few non Disney or Nickelodeon television shows I was intoxicated with:  My So-Called Life, Vicar of Dibley, and 7th Heaven.  The other show being Degrassi.  I would have to say that show made such an impact with me and my outlook on life.  Though My So-Called Life (MSCL) was a close second to being that defiant show for me, it related more towards my older two siblings.  I was watching a show that I was invested in, yet because of the age gap (my sisters and the show itself), I needed to find something more relateable.  Thus, Degrassi.  I can't lie and say I was enamored by the old Degrassi Junior High or Degrassi High seasons as I was and am still with Degrassi The Next Generation (DTNG) and now, Degrassi.  I was a fan, but when DTNG made its rounds to my television screen, I was perplexed with why it had been so long for American viewers to realize what substance they were missing.  Yes, MSCL was amazing, but it only lasted one season, and not a complete one at that.  It was, in my opinion, American shows had been lacking important material that touched the core of its audiences, and for me it took a non-American show to reach my core.  Seems to still be that way.  I still watch Degrassi.  I'm even proud to say, I will continue to support the show and watch it, until it goes off air (which I hope won't be for a while).
My exciting news needed a preface, which is what I briefly discussed, above.  That being said, tomorrow is a major deal for me!  I will be partaking in a Google+ Live Hangout session with both Degrassi Producer, Stefan Brogren (aka Mr. Simpson) and Degrassi writer, Ramona Barckert (most notably for season 12's suicide storyline -- " Bitter Sweet Symphony Parts 1 &2).  I am tremendously excited, nervous and just filled with glee.  My family, high school, undergraduate and graduate buddies all know how connected and borderline obsessed I am of the show, so tomorrow will be more than a big deal.
Tomorrow, either before or after the session, I will return with a new blog, letting everyone know how it turned out.  But for now, I'm going to exit this blog, and get back to writing my questions that I would LOVE to get answered.  I mean, this type of Amazeballz opportunity doesn't happen to just everyone.  And it doesn't just happen everyday.  But since it's happening tomorrow, and to me, I need to focus.  Preparedness Meets Opportunity, right?  Hey, anything could happen!  ;-)

Adios, vatos.

~Kyra C.

No comments:

Post a Comment