My Profile

My photo
I am on a journey, as are most people. My path splits: becoming who I am destined to be, and also sharing the truth of where I have been. I AM TRAVELING TO ME.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Punishment

This poem is one that was written a while ago (https://www.msu.edu/~claykyra/punished.htm).  It was one of my many response to injustice.  Particularly the injustice of self hate, as it deals with "dealing" with domestic abuse and other forms of pain.  Because this "Punishment" still takes place, and it IS "Black History Month," I thought it appropriate to post this poem. 



Punishment

Punishment is slaves, hanging from trees

Punishment is blood, dripping from your knees

Punishment, is the cuts you do to feel pain

You can't understand where they're coming from, unless you've felt the same

Punishment is being pushed down the stairs in front of your kids

Getting back up, only to be smacked back down

Anger in your mind, still Love in your heart

Never going to separate, cause the children's question of "why?" is just too great

Sticking around, punished awhile

Punished is what I want for that person

To feel pain, like he made you feel

To go insane, without knowing someone will be there

Punishment is "Being Alone," so without, your mind just forms doubts

Punishment is knowing there is nothing you can do

To make amends with the evil, you punish yourself too

Punishment is going through things, you shouldn't have to go through

So why are we being punished, for the things he's done to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment